Investor Onboarding Process
Velotrade focuses on the importance of a smooth investing experience for liquidity providers. It all starts with a Secure, Digital, and Streamlined Onboarding Process.
Navigate this article:
- Ensure your Peace of mind; We are a Regulated Digital Platform
Our proprietary platform is strictly compliant with international standards
- The Onboarding with Velotrade is Straight-forward
Checklist of the entire onboarding process
- What Are the Required Documents ?
Prepare for the onboarding
Fully Regulated & Transparent
As a FinTech company registered in Hong Kong, it is essential to be strictly compliant:
- Velotrade is the first trade finance platform regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong (Type 1 License #BJL007)
- Velotrade holds Money Lender’s Licence (0474/2022)
Our dedicated team efficiently processes the necessary KYC (Know Your Client) & AML(Anti-money laundering) procedures in line with global standards.
We aim to facilitate the investment of your excess liquidity while guaranteeing all our platform users are compliant.
Steps to Start Investing Promptly
- Sign up as an Investor and initiate the onboarding process
- We will follow up to understand your needs and will request documents for Due Diligence
- Upload the requested documents
- Upon completing the KYC, you will receive an Investor Platform Agreement. Sign it electronically and proceed.
- Deposit funds into your segregated account held with Velotrade
- Start trading on our Platform
Brought to you by Velotrade, a marketplace for corporates to access financing.
Like our content? Follow us!
Want to know more about the asset?
Absolutely! Read more about the portfolio diversification this asset can offer
Checklist: Information and Documents
Velotrade welcomes liquidity providers with different risk appetites and investment profiles. Have a look at the requirements for
Generally speaking, the following list presents the required documents for onboarding:
|1.||HKID or Passport Copy (For Non-Permanent Residents)|
|2.||Proof of Address (Issued within the past 3 months)|
|3.||Bank Statement* (Showing Account Name, Address, and Account No.)|
*Bank Statement verification is mandatory for AML and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) routing purposes. (Other information such as account balance and past transactions should be redacted).
Talk to us if you have any questions.
Corporates and Institutions
Documents requests may differ from case to case depending, among other things, on the regulatory requirements. Typically, the checklist is as follows:
|1.||Business Registration Certificate|
|3.||Certificate of Incumbency|
|4.||Memorandum & Articles of Association|
|5.||Company Bank Statement* (Showing Account Name, Address, and Account No.)|
|6.||Authorized Signatory (For Appointed Platform Users other than Directors)|
|7.||Proof of Address (For Directors & Ultimate Beneficial Owners)|
|8.||HKID or Passport Copy ((For Ultimate Beneficial Owners)|
For financial institutions, further information may be required
- Verification of regulatory registration status for the flow of Simplified Due Diligence
- or Proof of Assets / Portfolio (AFS, Custodian Statements, etc.) for the flow of Customer Due Diligence
Boundless opportunities are just a few steps away. Diversify your portfolio with trade receivables.